Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rolled Flowers using Stamping cartridge

Correction: The original post said I used the Cricut cart Indie Art, it was actually Stamping Solutions that has the swirl. I have corrected the post. Sorry for any confusion. Mickey & Friends also has a swirl.

I love all the rolled flower projects I have been seeing, though I don't think I would attempt one of the beautiful wreaths my friend Suzanne makes. I wanted to try some for a project and I thought using them on the wall hangings for my craft room would be perfect. I don't have Flower Shoppe or Art Philosophy that will cut the spirals for you and doing them by hand is not fun (I've tried them and my spiral was wonky). Stamping Solutions cart has a spiral cut on it so I tried that and they came out perfect for what I was using them for. I cut the spiral at 3 1/2 inches, rolled (there are a lot of great tutorials on rolling the flowers on youtube), then used my glue gun to adhere it to the project.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome my friend! Do you know how many doors you just opened for people who don't have the carts that have rolled flowers on them?!! You are a smart woman!!!

    ReplyDelete